The DVLA has a new licence verification process; on how to share your driving license details if required by your Trainer/Assessor. It requires the creation and use of a one-off code that can then be used to check the licence holders record held on the DVLA’s database. Here’s a quick overview of the process:
How drivers can share their driving record with their Trainer/Assessor
- Head to www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
- Enter the driver number and postcode shown on your licence plus your National Insurance number.
- Confirm that you have read the privacy notice.
- Click on the ‘View Now’ button.
- Select the ‘Share your licence information’ tab found in top right of the window.
- Click on the ‘Create a Code’ button.
- Make a note of the check code which is generated for you – remember it is case sensitive.
- Share this check code and the last eight characters of your driving licence number with your Trainer/Assessor so they can view your driving record online.