DO NOT BOOK ANY TEST THEORY OR PRACTICAL WITH ANY OTHER SITE OTHER THAN THE OFFICIAL www.gov.uk GOVERNMENT WEBSITE.
YOU CAN GET CLEAN OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT LINKS TO BOOK YOUR THEORY & PRACTICAL TESTS HERE
Please Do NOT be fooled by the theory or practical test booking services that appear in the sponsored listings in a Google search.
You will end up paying more than £60.00 for a booking that should only cost £31.00, an extra £30.00 for literally nothing at all.
Let’s take some examples of “unofficial” test booking sites:
- www.booktheorytests.co.uk – Has a admin charge of £18.00 totalling £49.00
- www.book-your-theory-test.co.uk – Has an admin charge of £28.50 totalling £59.50
- www.book-theory-test-online.com – Has an admin charge of £28.50 totalling £59.50
- www.booktheorytesttoday.com – Has an admin charge of £15.99 totalling £46.99
- www.bookingsdirect.org.uk – Has an admin charge of £17.00 totalling £48.00
They will charge upto an extra £30.00 on top of the £25.00 DVSA booking fee. What do you get for this extra? The answer really is Nothing!
You can obtain a Theory Test training DVD from someone like ‘Driving Test Success’ for about £6.00. You can obtain additional free advice from your instructor.
These companies claim free re-sits if you fail your test. The reality is that in order to benefit from this service (which, remember, costs and extra £30) you have to satisfy a range of unrelistic conditions. It doesn’t even cover you if you fail hazard perception! So what are you paying the extra for?
Their booking services often have official looking DSA Theory Test logo’s using the same colours and other road safety logos to fool you into thinking that they are official.
Services prey on the nervousness of people hoping they do don’t read the small print.
Save your money and prepare properly for your test and you’ll pass. The cheapest way to is to pass it first time. Ask you instructor for the best way to prepare for your test.